Thoughts
Warning... this may end up as a rant post. I'm exhausted and most of the time I just want silence and a good book to sooth the hectic workweek out of my memory. The constant input from surrounding family concerning my child is tiring as well. Lord, just give me a break and keep your comments to yourself. Yes, I know I look tired as heck, but bringing it up constantly is also tiring.
Let me rest on my days off. I wish to goodness my husband would understand this as well. Give me a solid 45 minutes of uninterrupted silence on Saturday and I'd be a happy camper. I cannot even go to the restroom without someone barging in. I'm snappy because I cannot sleep. No one else gets up with our toddler throughout the night. I love her, but man I wish she would just sleep. On average I get 4 to 4.5 hours per night and it just isn't enough while working full time.
The burn out is currently real and alive. I tried to sit down twice today and was asked/told to come and do other things. Those hour long morning commutes are so missed on the weekends. I need that silence to start my day. Moms always do more than their share of household duties. I can testify to that.
Comments
Post a Comment