Song of the Northwoods by Jessica Huang
This book had so much potential to be fantastic, but the rambling of the narrator completely ruined my whole experience with it. My very long drive to work really does give me time to think and listen to a few books along the way. I was not impressed with pacing of this novel. I also needed some additional character development in order to connect with the story. Why have someone read an Asian character that has a Southern accent? Weird?
The beginning of this book was amazing and I was totally into it, but then the main character's energy was abruptly absurd and nothing was really revealed to show any insight to why the plot existed in the first place. I only finished the book after the author decided it was important for the audience to actually see some of the "reasons" as to why she was in her friend's cabin to take a break. This short story missed the mark of excellence.
I would rate this book a 2.5 out of 5 stars. I would not waste my time to re-listen to this nor would I recommend that you.
Comments
Post a Comment