New School Year

     Unfortunately, I had to go back to work. That was a phrase that I would commonly use in the past as summer wrapped up and school began. This year is different. I have a new classroom, new admin, and mostly new team. This is going to be my year I just know it. I already have this positive vibe that we are going to be a massive difference this year. 

    I have missed Taylor these past few days, but it's so good to get back to my routine. I need an outlet and my job fulfills that need. I have got over my goal in steps each day, which has then a real confidence booster to start the school you're off with. My new classroom is brand new, new paint, new desk, new everything. The plus side of being in a brand new building is getting to start from scratch. The downside of being in a brand new building is that we cannot put any decorations on the wall yet. I feel like my classroom, lacks personality, but I plan to figure out how to overcome that with other things.

    For the first time in years, I am hopeful. I am hopeful that things will be different this year and I will practice self-care more. I will not get my usual teacher burnout midyear. I have so many goals and plans that I just do not have time on here to list everything. Last year I finished my curriculum calendar in time before we had EOGs, so this year that is also a goal to make sure I get through all of my curriculum. We will also have time to have a little bit of exploring within the realms of my subject area. Kids need to be excited about learning.

    The hard part about starting school is getting up so early. I'm not only Miss my child, but I miss my lazy mornings of just getting up and taking my time. I miss handing out with the goats as my toddler feeds them. I miss the chickens and how they all run to me when I enter their realm. I will adjust. It may take me a while, but I will eventually get there. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lists Again

Lists 2.0

Lists