Life Update: Waiting Game
Mission Hospital in Asheville, NC has got to be one of the most depressing places to be. It sucked the entire week of visiting my husband. As it turns out, his GI bleed was not fixed and he is STILL passing blood to the point that he will more than likely end up back on his same hospital floor. Why would you release him with the amount of blood he is still passing (bright RED)? "We will do a follow up with an outpatient procedure at a later date." Yeah, why not go ahead and do both surgeries while you had him under the first time? Clearly, you didn't fix the problem with your little metal clips.
I hate this hospital... my twins didn't both get to see the NICU and even walking in that place gives me flashbacks. Taylor spent weeks in the NICU and I more or less stayed at the hospital, ate in that cafeteria, and wondered back and forth from the dreaded parking deck. I didn't come home during her entire stay, so I got to really experience what that life was like. Dealing with one child's death while watching the other struggle to maintain hers. It was like it was experiencing it all over again this past week. I literally had nightmares, memories, and a few crying spells each day as I parked and walked in and up to my husband's floor.
I drove the 2.5 hours daily to visit with my husband because we couldn't afford a hotel. I made that drive everyday because I know what it is like being left behind in that place. Every time I have a family member there I just.... cringe. So... now he is home and we wait until his strength goes back down again and see if the ER sends him back.
Comments
Post a Comment