Dreamland by Nicholas Sparks
I love when an author takes the time to really do his research when covering mental illnesses. Having a book that really puts that on display is worthwhile. I am a massive Nicholas Sparks fan. I did however get a little annoyed at the pacing. I am also not a book spoiler, so I will try my best not to give everything away. Beverly's story was so disjointed, manic, and random that when it would get to her sections, I literally just wanted to put the book down. But I'm glad he wrapped everything up in the end. If you read the book you will understand why Beverly's character is so haphazard. Everything makes sense in the end. Just hang in there.
I would write this book a 3.5 out of 5 stars. The only reason I did that is because I continuously had to put the book down because Beverly's character was absolutely crazily written that I just wanted to shake some sense into her. Like why in the world do you have to hyper focus on painting a kitchen when you need to have a job to feed your child? Anyway, I digress. This needs to be your next book!
Comments
Post a Comment