I have the most fabulous commute to work every morning. I'm thankful for the time alone! Singing at the top of my lungs is a great way to start a stressful day!
While cleaning out some storage boxes today I found various books with list being used as book marks. These books are well worn and have been read dozens of times. The lists were left in chapters that I deemed important. I reread some of the saved items and soon discovered that I had a list of what my thirties need to look like. It's a laughable concept. I really had all these plans as to how my thirties would look and be. Let me share a few of them with you. #4. I will be an independent woman that doesn't rely on any man. #9. I will have obtained a master's degree in some field that has purpose. #21. I will live somewhere far away from town. #24. I will have the job I have been wanting my whole life. #31. Break away from family that doesn't see me for me. #39. Buy a car that no one else has ever owned. Context: I wrote this list as a first year teacher. I was 21 ...
#40. Fly in a plane. Check A+. I did end up flying in a plane. The year I turned 30 was one of the best year's of my life so far. My best friend/ sister convinced me to go to the infamous Vegas. The four hour flight was breathtaking and I will forever remember the feeling of lifting off. I do not ever really want to fly again. We hit some MAJOR turbulence on the way home and I was frightened to the point I had a panic attack. We enjoyed seven days of shows, shopping, and exploring. We averaged over 15,000 steps a day and slept well at night. That was what life was like before children. My sister and I could take off with a moment's notice and go where ever. We took off to NYC to watch the ball drop one year. As it turns out it isn't an actual ball at all. #45. Save a life. Well, this one is really out there. Let me think... I have saved a life but not like a you are thinking though. I go and...
Analyzing my current behaviors has been somewhat informative. I wonder if there is some weird diagnosis for people who have to have lists to function? I have to have the lists checked off in order to feel accomplished. It's strange to really think about it all. The lists are do not serve as reminders, but more of importance. I arrange items based upon the tasks at hand and what matters most, which often leads to a massive let down for me. My current list consists of the many chores that need to be done that go beyond the daily tasks. Mostly things that need to be repaired or moved. Lists assist me in my daily life of routine. I live a monotonous life and each day is basically a replica of the day before. Nothing changes and that is to be expected. When new things to arise, I really struggle with change. I even have list for school as well and I make various lists for my students as well. We have lists of missing work, agendas, ...
Comments
Post a Comment